Information for Participants
SPLICE Institute 2018 is June 24 - 30, 2018 at Western Michigan University in Kalamazoo, MI
Application and Payment Timeline
(All dates are for SPLICE Institute 2018)
- Friday, February 16, 2018 at 11:59 PM EST: Application Deadline
- Wednesday, March 7, 2018: Initial announcements of acceptances and waitlist. This will also be the beginning of pairing participants selected for collaborative projects.
- Monday, April 2, 2018: Deadline for early-registration participant program fee deposit. This will also be the beginning of the second round of pairing participants selected for collaborative projects and updating waitlisted applications on their status. Waitlisted applicants will be able to pay the early-registration fee at a later date.
- Monday, April 30, 2018: Deadline for late-registration participant program fee deposit and auditor program fee deposit. Participant composers who will have an existing work played at SPLICE must send all performance materials to the performing artist.
- Friday, May 18, 2018: Deadline for participant composers writing a new work to send the collaborating performer a draft of the notation of the work. This can be provided earlier, but not later than this date.
- Tuesday, May 29, 2018: Deadline for paying the remainder of the program fee and the room and board cost.
- Friday, June 8, 2018: Deadline for participant composers writing a new work to send the collaborating performer a semi-final score and any other necessary materials required for rehearsal prior to the meetings that will occur at SPLICE. Composers should only expect minor changes to be possible after the start of SPLICE, since all participants will be busy during the week. This will also be the deadline for all participant composers to send all necessary performance materials and technical information via a Google Form to SPLICE.
Western Michigan University's Dalton Hall provides several state-of-the-art work environments for participants at SPLICE.
This includes multiple labs with multimedia workstations, 2 classroom/lab hybrids, as well as lecture and recital halls.
SPLICE does not pay for nor arrange travel. Participants will be put in contact with each other in order to coordinate driving to Kalamazoo and other travel. We will arrange rides to and from the airport, bus station, and train station in Kalamazoo on Saturday, June 23rd and Sunday, June 24th.